Recently

6 January 2015

Tea Tree Toner Tab


Given their size and their uninteresting demeanour, toner tabs have taken quite a bit of a back seat when it comes to my Lush habits. Back when I would buy anything and everything, I managed to amass quite a collection of these little products, but they soon got lost behind boxes of ballistics, shelves of bottles and drawers of soap. A recent clear out saw me discover quite a number of these little things, some badly damaged and noticeably aged, but most with life left in them. I decided to give them the time of day I should have done a long while ago. 

As I've mentioned in other reviews, I have quite a bad time trying to regulate my sleeping patterns and eat healthily. This often means that my face will break out in rashes or spots and my general complexion will just look a bit over-worked. This is when the toner tabs come in very handy.
Tea Tree is one of only two toner tabs available from Lush at this present moment, and the one that seems to be the most popular. Made from a combination of aloe vera powder and tea tree oil, this tab is designed to improve the condition of your face and 'combat the bacteria that causes spots.' For something that's smaller than a two-pence piece, I was rather skeptical that something that small could do anything particularly noticeable with my face. 

Lush claim that toner tabs help to soften and hydrate the skin, cleansing pores and leaving your skin feeling refreshed and moisturised. Using only a handful of ingredients, each toner tab has been manufactured to open and clear blocked pores and rid your face of any nasty dirt that may be lingering underneath the surface of your skin. Most toners are preserved water with added astringent ingredients to act on the pores, so if you're worried that this product might dry out your skin, Lush have assured consumers that this is not the case.

To use one of these toner tabs is very simple. Simply fill a medium-sized bowl with hot water, submerge your face and the bowl beneath a towel or sheet and drop the toner tab into the water. Lush state that once the tab has fully dissolved, you should remove the towel and pat your face dry. However, to get a full detox, I would recommend that you stay underneath the towel for a good five minutes. What is useful, is that the leftover water can be stored in the fridge for up to seven days after it's been used - using this to spritz your face if your skin needs that bit of extra refreshment throughout the week.

At first I was very skeptical that a small clump of 'glorified baking powder' could do anything other than cost me money. However, after using the product for the first time, I was amazed at how soft and smooth my skin felt. My complexion looked far more radiant than it had done previously and there was a slight gleam around my cheeks and eyes that helped to put a little more life into my face.

I've steamed my face before, often in the winter months when I'm hoping to rid myself of a cold, but my face has never showcased the immediate results I got when using this toner tab. I was very impressed. The day after I used this, the redness of my spots had reduced dramatically, and with the help of Enzymion, my face was clean and clear within two days. 
Priced at £1, this toner tab is a wonderful little product that could be used once a fortnight to clear your pores and keep your complexion dirt free. It's great for hydrating weathered skin and leaves a touch of colour in your cheeks afterwards. Whether or not the latter result is from the toner tab or from the hot water, Tea Tree Toner Tab is a little miracle worker.

It's also a great product to use when you have a sniffly cold and need something to unblock your cavities and help you breathe better. Just throw one of these in some hot water, cover your head with a towel and warm yourself with one my highest-ratest products. This has now become a staple product in my household and you should make it one of yours as well. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Tea Tree Oil, Fair Trade Organic Aloe Vera Powder, Water (Aqua), Chlorophyllin.

Vegan?: Yes.

2014 Price: £1.

No comments

Post a Comment


UP