Recently

3 January 2015

Mind Cleanser Bubble Stone


Exclusively available in the limited edition 29 Gift Set, this strange and rather unique bubble bar is rather hard to come by. While it isn't the most attractive bath product from Lush, it certainly offers something vastly different from any other bubble bar that Lush have ever released.

Mind Cleanser Bubble Stone looks and feels a little bit like a bubble bar that has been forgotten about and left in a drawer for ten years. Unlike the soft, crumbly consistency you would expect from most of Lush's fresh bubble bars, this one is rigid and feels more like a pumice stone than a bath product. On the surface it doesn't look very appealing, but its merits come about when this beauty is put to use in the tub. 


Straight out of it's box, this product isn't very strong smelling at all. While the ingredients list doesn't hint at what it might smell of, I can detect the presence of both citrus and a sort of eucalyptus scent. It smells a little like the Vicks Vapour Rub that you would be given as a child. Alongside this is a gentle and rather fruity lime scent. It's very different from the fragrance you would expect from the likes of Calacas, but it's equally lovely and rather uplifting. 

Lush claim that this bubble bar is designed to 'make you feel at ease' - helping you to clear your mind, unwind your tense muscles and relax your body in a bubbly, blissful bath. While I did enjoy the experience, I wouldn't say that it was a particular highlight for me - especially when I think about the impressive array of colourful and exciting bath products that Lush offer at any one time. 

What is great about this bubble bar is that it's robust enough to last across four baths. As you can see from my video, rather than crumbling this under the tap, you only need to hold it under the running water and the bubbles will begin to form immediately. I broke my bar in half and then used each piece for two separate baths. 

The consistency of Mind Cleanser makes it incredibly difficult to crumble with your hands so you'd need to grind this down before you run your bath, if you'd rather treat it like a normal bubble bar. However, I strongly advise that you do it my way as this worked a treat, and I found that the bubble stone was strong enough to withstand the force of the water without disintegrating. After use, all that you need to do is dry down the remaining piece and store it somewhere dry until you need it again. 

Mind Cleanser was very generous and created a mound of wonderful bubbles that filled the tub. These bubbles were very robust and stayed with me for the majority of the bath. As expected, the bubble stone didn't alter the colour of the water - the blue/green tinge you can see in the pictures is due to my camera and setting, not the outcome of this product.

Unfortunately, the bubble bar didn't give off much of a fragrance at all when in use, and I found that I was rather disappointed with how little I could smell anything at all once I had climbed into the tub. Furthermore, the water and the bubbles were not very moisturising at all and I found that I had to use a lot of shower gel to soften my skin during the whole experience. 

Having said this, whatever magic the bubble stone possessed, I did feel very relaxed after the experience - perhaps slightly more so than I was expecting to. I would say that this is a bubble bar that would be best coupled with something else - perhaps a bath melt such as Ceridwen's Cauldron or You've Been Mangoed

While it's not something I would run out to stock up on again, I wouldn't mind experimenting with a few bath cocktails and perhaps see how it fairs with some of Lush's regular bath bombs, bath melts and bubble bars. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Carbonate, Cream of Tartar, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Glycerine, Lauryl Betaine, Perfume, Titanium Dioxide, Limonene, Linalool.

Vegan?: Yes. 

2014 Price: Not available for individual sale. 




2 comments

  1. That's really awesome. Thank you for posting this! !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just won one of these babies on ebay. Excited to play with it!

    ReplyDelete


UP