Recently

23 January 2015

Lush Cocktail: Spicy Caramel Apple


Amanda's Spicy Caramel Apple Cocktail

Contains:

1/2 a Ma Bar Bubble Bar
Lashings Of So White Shower Gel

Video:



Verdict:

Although it is only midway through the colder months of the year, I normally begin to move away from wintery smells soon after Christmas. While the allure of cinnamon is the most compelling feature of the seasonal period, January is when I crave refreshing and much brighter fragrances. 

Despite this, there was something rather intriguing about the recipe for this Lush cocktail, and after a rather long day at work, I felt it was the perfect accompaniment for me in the tub that evening. After leaving the bath nearly an hour later, my only regret was that I hadn't tried this wonderful experience sooner. 

While the ingredients list is rather expansive as well as expensive, this is definitely worth the effort as an occasionally treat. I can guarantee that once you've tested this collaboration out for yourself, you won't regret putting that little bit of effort into creating this wonderful cocktail. 

First up, crumble half of a Ma Bar Bubble Bar under the running tap. While this product offers one of the least attractive looking displays in the tub, it does turn the water into a haven of gorgeously silky bubbles, and offers an equally velvety liquid to bathe in. In fact, I would go as far as to say that this bar is probably the star player in helping to make this entire cocktail as amazing as it is. 

Next, I threw in both of the Cinders Bath Bombs and could instantly smell the strong, natural aroma of the cinnamon that I love so much. While I used both to create my cocktail, I cannot see why you can't  reduce this to just one if you're looking to conserve your products. 

These bath bombs transform the colour of the bath and begin the process of converting the murky brown remnants of the Ma Bar into the lustrous and rather iridescent golden nectar colour that it becomes. The hot and rather spicy scent of Cinders is also softened slightly by the bubble bar, but it stills retains it's strong, very warming aroma. 

While the tap was still running, I added in a few squirts of both the Hot Toddy Shower Gel and the So White Shower Gel. While these didn't really alter or improve the cocktail that much, they did help to soften the water slightly and the former gel also added a little extra shimmer under the surface.

I continued to use both of these shower gels once I was in the bath and they complimented the whole experience wonderfully as well as each other. Although it's not in the ingredients list, I also used some Snowcake Shower Gel and found that it worked equally as well. 

Finally, I added in the So White Bath Bomb and enjoyed how the powdery and very fruity aroma integrated itself in with the sweet and spicy elements perfectly. Once the ballistic had fully dissolved, the apple scent dampened very slightly and the fragrances balanced themselves out. However, during the whole bath, I could still detect every element of this cocktail - the apple, cinnamon and toffee were all present and revealed themselves in short bursts throughout my entire experience. 

While I knew that I was going to enjoy this experience, I really wasn't expecting to love it as much as I did. The scent combination was so relaxing and comforting and perfect after a busy day at work; the water was the silkiest I have ever experienced across the 1000+ Lush baths I have had and the golden bath water was stunning to look at as well as to bathe in.

I only had to submerge myself under the water for a matter of seconds, before I could feel how much the water had moisturised and softened my skin. This is the perfect winter bath as it's nourishing properties help to heal dry and cracked skin, soothe weathered hands and help to radiate wind-swept faces in a single sitting.

Although the smell didn't stay with me for as long as I was hoping, the transformation of my skin remained as prominent and noticeable for a full two full days after I had initially enjoyed the bath.For this reason alone, this will be a Lush Cocktail that I will try again soon, and one that I'll be sure to make throughout the seasonal period this year.

Vegan?: Yes.

Rating: 9.1 out of 10. 















7 comments

  1. Sounds amazing. I'm so annoyed that I missed out on the Ma Bar in the kitchen. It was my favourite for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry - I'm annoyed I didn't pick any up from the Kitchen as well - I'm down to my last quarter :(

      Delete
    2. I did get 6 hagenbath bath bombs though so was very happy about that as was so sad when they stopped making them. I'm currently trying to work my way through the stuff I got from boxing day.

      Delete
  2. Please do more cocktails-i love reading them !! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this review! This one was mine! Its sooooo good! Glad you enjoyed it!
    -Amanda (aka lush_xo_love)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wouled you rate it out of 10?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there - I gave this a rating of 9.3 out of 10 - it's THAT good! :)

      Delete


UP