Recently

26 January 2015

Lush Cocktail: Citrine Dream


Anonymous' Citrine Cocktail

Contains:

1 Green Bubbleroon

Video:

Verdict:

You guys spoil me - you well and truly spoil me! Searching through endless pages of wonderful recipes that I've noted down from my competition, I really couldn't decide on which cocktail suited my mood for the evening. Was I wanting something creamy and comforting to cradle my weathered body? Would a fruity collaboration sweeten my mood and send me to sleep? Or was I in need of something that could invigorate my skin, awaken my senses and put some life back into my tired soul?

Citrine Dream took my fancy because of three reasons; Firstly, it's name has been cleverly constructed to play reference to the latin word 'citron', which simply means citrus; secondly, all five of the ingredients that feature in this generous recipe are highly rated products and would all score places in my top 40 Lush products of all time; and finally, the cocktail calls for Calacas - a product that I cannot resist using whenever I have the chance to. For this reason, this cocktail had to happen!

First up, I crumbled an entire Green Bubbleroon under the running tap and found my mouth salivating at the wonderful fresh 'green' scent that it gave off. It reminded me of crisp, freshly-cut grass with squeezed lime juice - it's so light and refreshing and utterly beautiful.

This bubbleroon turned the water a pale pastel green colour and filled the tub with an impressive amount of delicately soft and slightly fragrant bubbles. If you were looking to conserve your Lush products, you could opt to use only half of this bubble bar as it would still produce enough bubbles to satisfy even the harshest of critics. 

Up next, I added in a whole You've Been Mangoed Bath Melt. This floated on the surface of the water and bled out a generous amount of citrus butters and oils,  which complimented the scent of the bubbleroon and added a slightly shimmery effect to the water. While this bath melt was initially the strongest-smelling element of this cocktail, it took a back seat once all of the ingredients had been added. However, it's presence was still very much felt by how silky-soft the water was and how nourishing the whole experience was on my skin. 

Finally, I added in an entire Avobath Bath Bomb and watched as it transformed the water into a deep green haven of loveliness. As the fluffy waves of green and yellow foam spread out across the surface, the smell that emanated from the tub was a fresh, almost sour concoction of lemon, lime and grass - utter perfection. 

The Avobath is the most dominating smell of the three items but it does settle down somewhat and compliment the other two products perfectly. While I was submerged under the water, I could detect the Avobath most of the time but I would be gifted with bursts of both You've Been Mangoed and Green Bubbleroon throughout the whole experience, which just added to the magic of the cocktail. 

The bath was extremely moisturising on the skin and I loved how thick and creamy it felt during the experience, as well as how silky-soft my skin felt once I had left the bathroom. As I mentioned above, if you're looking to be a little more stingy with your Lush items, you could halve all three of the ingredients and I can imagine that this would still produce a highly fragrant and rather moisturising bath.

To finish up, I used Calacas Shower Jelly to clean myself with and this worked really well alongside the citrus theme. I would recommend using Grass Shower Gel instead of the jelly if you want to bring out the earthy tones of the bubbleroon more than the citrus elements. You could also use both Happy Hippy Shower Gel or Whoosh Shower Jelly to change things up a little. 

Once I had towelled myself down, I slathered on Celebrate Body Lotion and this only served to leave my skin feeling even more nourished, as well as complimenting the very faint citrus smell that remained on my body. 

What I love about this cocktail is that it's suitable for any time of the year - for different reasons. In the summer, this is perfectly suited for the hotter weather as it's light, refreshing and uplifting; in the colder months, it's warm enough to be comforting on the body while invigorating enough to wake up your senses and leave you feeling refreshed and ready to battle those icy chills! I will definitely be using this one again and I would recommend that you try it as soon as you can. 

Vegan?: Yes.

Rating: 8.9 out of 10.




















6 comments

  1. This cocktail sounds expensive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely not one I would use all of the time as you are right - it would be an expensive bath. Having said that, I'd happily halve all of the ingredients and I can imagine it still being a wonderful experience.

      Delete
  2. Oooooh this sounds so nice, how I need to take a trip to Lush this weekend! It's payday and I feel the need to treat myself lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you do! This cocktail would be a lovely way to treat yourself - it's one of my favourites so far :)

      Delete
  3. I don't think it's called citrine because of the latin word. The word citrine originates from citron but citrine is a type of quartz that can be yellow-green so that's probably why. Sounds lovely though! Wish Green bubbleroon wasn't discontinued.

    ReplyDelete


UP