Recently

8 January 2015

Blue Skies And Fluffy White Clouds Bubble Bar

 



If you're one of those people that have read a good number of my reviews, you might have noticed that I have a tendency to favour the more fruity and citrus-smelling products. Although I'm much more of a savoury person when it comes to the food I eat, my nose tends to seek out the sweeter scents. So I was really surprised to find that I thoroughly enjoyed using Blue Skies and Fluffy White Clouds; far more than I expected.

The bubble bar is one of Lush's biggest bath offerings; weighing in at almost 200g, it's double both the weight and size of most of the other bubble bars in their range. Named after it's appearance, Blues Skies and Fluffy White Clouds is decorated with vivid swirls of blue and white; depicting the colours and movement of the actual sky. It's a stunning-looking product, and one that mirrors the beautiful design of the best-selling Comforter Bubble Bar.

As this bubble bar is so large, it can easily be used across four-to-six baths, making the £4.50 price tag seem a lot more justifiable for those of you who are perhaps a little hesitant to part with your hard-earned money. 

To use any of Lush's bubble bars, you can either crumble it under running water, or as I do; hold it directly under the flow of the tap, which I find creates more bubbles. As soon as the water hits the bar, lots of bubbles start to form and disperse throughout the tub. Blue Skies turns the water a wonderful shade of Columbia-blue, which alongside the mountains of bubbles on the surface, really makes it look as if you're harvesting the sky in your bath tub. 

Within a few seconds, the gorgeous fragrance begins to waft around the bathroom and seep into your senses. And what a scent it is! Dominated by patchouli, this bubble bar possesses a spicy, exotic and deeply relaxing fragrance. The Patchouli gives it's overall smell a slightly floral and woody scent, which helps to unwind and relax your mind and body; cinnamon oil adds that warm, spicy edge that compliments the other ingredients perfectly. It also works with the Patchouli to aide calmness. Finally, the Frankincense oil has been added to not only rejuvenate and condition the skin, but add it's unique fragrance to complete this product.

It's rather difficult to describe this scent, as it is a very unique and multi-layered smell. What I will say however, is that it's definitely a very rich and sultry fragrance; best suited to help you relax before bed time or calm you down after a busy day. 

After my bath my skin was very soft and moisturised and there was a slight cinnamon smell which lingered on my skin for a while after I had exited the bath. The scent didn't hang around for too long though so I ended up lathering myself with Potion Body Lotion to add another unique floral scent to my body.
Blue Skies and Fluffy White Clouds Bubble Bar did make me feel incredibly relaxed, refreshed and ready to tuck myself up in bed for a good night's sleep. As with many of Lush's bubble bars and ballistics, this one did awaken senses whilst still managing to calm me down. 

Recently, I've been suffering from a chronic bout of insomnia, and getting an average of two hours sleep a night after a 14 hour day. This bath bomb really helped me to unwind and de-clutter my mind, which then led to me getting my first proper night's sleep in about six months. 

Overall, I was really impressed with this product and would definitely buy it again. Although it's not a scent I would have automatically flocked to in store, it's definitely made an impression on me, and will be a regular guest in my bathroom.

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Cream of Tartar, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauryl Betaine, Patchouli Oil, Frankincense Resinoid, Cinnamon Leaf Oil, Eugenol, Limonene, Linalool, Perfume, Colour 61570, Colour 60725.

Vegan?: Yes.

2015 Price: £4.75 each.


Scent Family:

Beanie Bubble Bar
Blues Skies And Fluffy White Clouds Bubble Bar
Blue Skies Liquid Bubble Bath
Ol' Blue Skies Is Back Shower Gel




9 comments

  1. This is the one of few bubble bars that I really don't like. As much as I try to like it, I just cannot. I think its because of the "woodsy" sent that if holds. Im more of a fruity,, floral,, soft scent kind of gal. I do happen to own a few of these though , they seem to be in quit a few of the Lush USA gift sets that I have purchased in the recent past

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree it makes my head hurt and the smell is probably one of if not my most hated lush scents ever :(

      Delete
  2. I also tried to like this bar but just cant cause of the strong scent . Its just too woodsy and cinamony, like my nose is on fire!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was the first bubble bar I had and I always have one in my bathroom. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't think I'd like it at all but I think it's beautiful - very beautiful and unique!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was very disappointed with this. From the description and ingredients it sounded like a scent I would adore, but it smelt earthy and musty. Not musky, but musty - like an damp unventilated room. Horrible. Didn't smell right at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean - it is a very musty smell - it almost reminds me of dirt a little. However, there's something really 'grounding' about the smell of that mixed with the patchouli. It's a shame that you didn't like it!

      Delete
  6. I hope you can help me. I bought one of this recently and it's so pale, almost white without any blue colour. What do you think the problem is? I tried to communicate with Lush but they don't reply :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. i miss your blog. i've been reading it since late 2014 :(

    ReplyDelete


UP