Recently

26 October 2014

The Comforter? Body Scrub


When I first read about the Lush Spa Gift Set, it wasn't the beautiful design of the box that initially attracted me to make the purchase, nor was it the prospect of trying out Golden Slumbers for the first time either. In fact, it was the very body scrub that I am about to review that had me hyperventilating and counting down each and every second until the box set finally arrived at my front door.

The Comforter? Body Scrub is nothing like what I imagined it to be at all, and for fans of the wonderful and rather popular blackcurrant-scented bubble bar, you may be disappointed to learn that this does not share it's fragrance with this or indeed any other of the cassis-dominated products that Lush have released over the years. 

Quite the opposite, this scrub has a very gentle rose-infused chocolate aroma - a naturally sweet and bitter carob scent that has been dampened by the inclusion of rhassoul mud in the ingredients list. A drop of rose absolute adds a very light floral element to the product but it's a very weak note in the overall mix, and not anywhere near as potent as it is in the Formulae Known As body lotion.  

As The Comforter? is designed to be used as part of a spa treatment, so it works  differently from any other Lush products that I have ever come across. Lush recommend that you use the whole bar and I would agree; while you could slice this in half and extend it's usage across two separate occasions, you won't get to experience the full benefits of this product if you do.

To use, boil a saucepan of water and then take it off of the heat - popping the body scrub in a glass bowl and placing the bowl over the hot water. Stir gently to remove any lumps and within ten minutes you'll find that The Comforter? has fully melted and is ready to use. Be wary not to keep the heat on while you melt this product as a. you definitely don't want to cook the ingredients before using them, and b. the liquid you'll be left with will be far too hot to use directly on your skin - meaning you're at risk of scolding yourself. 


Using your hands, smooth and massage these wonderful oils and butters into your skin - starting with your ankles and working your way up until you have covered your entire body. Lush recommend that you avoid delicate areas, including your face, and I opted to use one of their face masks to get the full body experience that I was looking for. 

When applying this, I would recommend that you do it over the bath or while perched above a towel as things can get a little messy during this process. The combination of ingredients means that aside from the various liquids, there are also some gritty residue in the form of the adzuki beans and tamarind paste. These are what give The Comforter? its 'scrub' element, and while they work wonders at smoothing out your skin, they have a habit of dropping off and leaving a mess on the floor.   

After leaving the product on for about 20-30 minutes, either wash off with a damp cloth or rinse yourself down in the shower to reveal wonderful glowing, silky-soft skin. I was amazed at how amazing my body felt and looked after I had used this, and even my flatmates commented on how healthy and radiant my skin looked afterwards.

The Comforter? Body Scrub is like the holy grail of skin products - one that works miracles at revitalising and replenishing dry, weathered and worn down skin. It leaves you feeling beautiful and works wonders at healing your mood as well as the condition of your body.  

Unfortunately, this limited edition product can only be acquired when purchased as part of the aforementioned gift set, or as part of a Lush Spa experience in one of the company's signature stores. This is so disappointing as I consider this to be one of Lush's greatest products and I would happily buy a large handful to use again and again, if I could.

I hope with the popularity of the Lush Spa Gift Set, that Lush will recognise the need for releasing this product by itself. Having only tried it once, I can already see its potential for being one of the company's biggest and best selling titles, and I hope that other consumers will agree with me. However, while it is still only available to buy as part of a set, I will have to make do with my single experience of this product. Either that or save up and purchase another gift set!

Quantitative Ingredients: Illipe Butter (Chorea stenoptera), Adzuki Beans (Phaseolus angularis), Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Liquor (Theobroma cacao), Rhassoul Mud, Fresh Papaya (Carica papaya), Tamarind Paste (Tamarindus Indica Extract), Carob Syrup (Ceratonia Siliqua), Date Dhibs (Phoenix Dactylifera), Labdanum Resinoid (Cistus Ladaniferus), Cistus Oil (Cistus ladaniferus), Rose Absolute (Rosa damascena), Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Salicylate, Geraniol, Lillial, Citronellol, Limonene, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellol, Perfume. 

Vegan?: Yes.

2017 Price: £6.75 each.

 

11 comments

  1. Nice Blog with a lot of Lush Information but it would be nice if you would write about the products prices. When I buy something in ebay I would know of prices are ok or too much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like this idea :) I will try and include the prices in my reviews to help you out :)

      Delete
  2. The scrub is for single use only? :( I was thinking about picking one Lush SPA gift set but it's very pricey indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you think it'd be possible to use this scrub like you would buffy instead of melting it down? I

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure to be honest - it's rather dry by itself and even when I dampened it and tried to rub it against my skin (before I melted it down), it was rather stubborn at releasing it. You might be able to cut it into chunks and perhaps melt it under a hot shower - it's up to you really. If you do attempt it, please let me know how it goes as I'm rather intrigued.

      Delete
    2. That's actually how I've been using it, and the results are fantastic. This is my favorite product!

      Delete
  4. I am using it but please suggest me the best scrub for dry skin specially in summers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i never know the use of adobe shadow until i saw this post. thank you for this! this is very helpful. 충남출장마사지

    ReplyDelete
  6. Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting? I'm pleased I discovered it though, ill be checking back soon to find out what additional posts you include. 전남 출장 마사지

    ReplyDelete
  7. Motherhood is one of the most special and treasured times of a woman's life. During her pregnancy, a woman is believed to be in her most beautiful state. Though motherhood is highly esteemed, it can be tiring and sometimes painful for the women who have to carry an extra load in their bodies. Sleeping or resting can many times be quite difficult as well. This is a reason why the specialty pregnancy body pillows like the Comfort-U Body Pillow and the Boppy Total Body Pillow are common additions to the house, so that pregnant women can rest comfortably everyday. According to the feedback provided in pregnancy pillow reviews, these pillows have helped many women to rest easier at night. pop over to this web-site

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read this post, This so informative for everyone those looking for body treatments. Thanks for sharing with us. Massage In Los Angeles

    ReplyDelete


UP