Recently

29 October 2014

Green Bubbleroon



Green Bubbleroon is aptly named, given that it is presented in a beautiful, bright, summery green colour. Described by Lush as a 'fresh summer meadow', this is product that I wish I had tried during the summer months, but that's not to say I can't enjoy this in slightly colder weather. 

As Lush have stated themselves, their bubbleroons aren't as generous with their bubbles as bubble bars are, but what they lack in performance, they more than make up for in other ways. Both the Rose Jam and Yuzu & Cocoa bubbleroons, alongside Green, contain extra-softening ingredients that give silky-soft water to hydrate your skin. All three of these products are made using bergamot and lime oil; two ingredients that give off a subtle citrus scent, and juniperberry; a refreshing and very clean aroma that aids stimulation of the mind and body. 

I will admit that I'm fairly greedy when it comes to my Lush products so I tend to use a whole 'roon at a time. However, for those with a more conservative bank balance, this bubble bar is great value for money as you can break it in half and use it at two separate occasions. What makes bubbleroons so useful, is that their design makes it incredibly easy to break in half, without having to use a chainsaw like you do with some of the other bubble bars.

Old Design (pre April 2015)
As you can see in my video, I like to hold my bubble bars underneath the running water and let it work it's magic. I find that this is more effective than crumbling them in the water, although there are others that would say the opposite. What I do know is that you definitely don't have to use the whole bubble bar in one go - half is more than suffice to create a beautiful bubble-filled tub to indulge yourself in. 

Upon holding Green under the water, my bath was very quickly full of beautiful, velvety bubbles. I did notice that there weren't as many as when I used my other two bubbleroons, but this wasn't a major concern for me. The product turned the water a beautiful pastel green colour, which remained vivid throughout my entire bathing experience.

What I did appreciate was the beautiful uplifting scent that greeted my senses; a wonderful sweet but fresh aroma - the lime oil is definitely at the forefront of this fragrance. To me, it smelt of freshly cut grass with a slight sour citrus tone, and I can imagine it working beautifully well with Grass Shower Gel. The scent wasn't an overpowering one at all, so would suit consumers who want something light and fruity to enjoy, without it being too overwhelming. Furthermore, my skin felt really nourished afterwards, due to Lush enriching this bubbleroon with coconut oil and shea butter.

Overall, Green Bubbleroon is a lovely addition to Lush's range, and one that I want to experience again. Having used this in colder times, I would definitely recommend that you try this when the weather is a lot warmer,  as I can imagine it would compliment the summery smells well. This would work well alongside Avobath; a bath cocktail I'm excited to try out very soon. 
Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Cream of Tartar, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, Lauryl Betaine, Fair Trade Shea Butter, Perfume, Bergamot Oil, Juniperberry Oil, Lime Oil, Sweet Orange Oil, Cocamide DEA, PEG-6 Caprylic / Capric Glycerides, PEG-60 Almond Glycerides, Gardenia Extract, Citral, Citronellol, Limonene, Linalool, Titanium Dioxide, Colour 42090.

Vegan?: Yes.

2014 Price: £3.65 each.
2017 Price: £3.75 each.



6 comments

  1. Is there another lush product that this shares scents with? And do you know if they are discontinuing flying fox shower gel?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think there is unfortunately - I've definitely not come across anything like it! I think the closest I can think of is Go Green Solid Perfume! And yes they are discontinuing Flying Fox - unless they've had a change of heart!

      Delete
    2. That sucks my first time being in a lush store was last Friday and I smelt flying fox and fell in love with it but it's a bit of a drive to the lush store closest to me and money is tight. And the green bubbleroon is my favorite scent of all I think when I get money I'm turning it into a shower gel

      Delete
    3. I'm sorry to hear that - it will definitely be back in the kitchen so keep your eyes peeled for that, probably next year. A Green Bubbleroon shower gel sounds amazing - let me know how it goes!

      Delete
  2. I think Grass Shower Gel has the same scent ... now is it still available? Who knows. Everytime I go to the website, everything I'm looking for is gone. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think the new version of the Green bubbleroon is vegan... in the ingredients list it says that honey is in it and it isn't listed as vegan on the website. Maybe the old version was, but I'm not so sure about the new version.

    ReplyDelete


UP