Recently

23 October 2014

Dream Steam Toner Tab


As I've mentioned in previous reviews, when I first began collecting Lush stuff, I was obsessed with trying absolutely everything that was vegan. This meant that when I would place an order, I often spent upwards of £200 on a whole array of products - intent on buying everything as quickly as possible. As they are some of the cheapest items available on the website, the toner tabs were some of the first products I invested in. However, as they are also the smallest products that Lush offer, they soon got misplaced amongst huge boxes of creams and lotions, bath melts and lip balms. 

Recently, my entire body has begun to catch up with the stresses of being a year 6 teacher - the extra marking, the three-hours-of-sleep-a-night-routine, the constant struggles with attainment, assessment and progress. My face has broken out in the biggest collection of spots I can remember seeing since high school, my nose and lips are dry and cracked and my skin looks weathered, worn and colourless. I thought perhaps now might be a good time to test out the abilities of these toner tabs.

Dream Steam is one of only two toner tabs available from Lush at this present moment. Made from a combination of rose absolute, lavender, chamomile and tea tree oil, and decorated with rose petals, this toner has the diameter of a two-pence coin and about 5mm thick. This tab in particular, has been designed to calm the skin, with rose absolute to reduce any irritation (spots, rashes, marks) and tea tree oil to clean the pores with it's antiseptic properties, ridding the face of hidden dirt. 

Lush claim that toner tabs help to soften and hydrate the skin, cleansing pores and leaving your skin feeling refreshed and moisturised. Using only a handful of ingredients, each toner tab has been manufactured to open and clear blocked pores and rid your face of any nasty dirt that may be lingering underneath the surface of your skin. Most toners are preserved water with added astringent ingredients to act on the pores, so if you're worried that this product might dry out your skin, Lush have assured consumers that this is not the case.

To use one of these toner tabs is very simple. Simply fill a medium-sized bowl with hot water, submerge your face and the bowl beneath a towel or sheet and drop the toner tab into the water. Lush state that once the tab has fully dissolved, you should remove the towel and pat your face dry. However, to get a full detox, I would recommend that you stay underneath the towel for a good five minutes. What is useful, is that the leftover water can be stored in the fridge for up to seven days after it's been used - using this to spritz your face if your skin needs that bit of extra refreshment throughout the week.

At first I was very skeptical that a small clump of 'glorified baking powder' could do anything other than cost me money. However, after using the product for the first time, I was amazed at how soft and smooth my skin felt. My complexion looked far more radiant than it had done previously and there was a slight gleam around my cheeks and eyes that helped to put a little more life into my face.

I've steamed my face before, often in the winter months when I'm hoping to rid myself of a cold, but my face has never showcased the immediate results I got when using this toner tab. I was very impressed. The day after I used this, the redness of my spots had reduced dramatically, and with the help of Enzymion, my face was clean and clear within two days. 

At £2.50, this toner tab is a little on the expensive side, especially for a product that has five minutes worth of use out of it. However, as a treat every so often,  to clear the pores and hydrate the skin, I would definitely recommend trying Dream Steam out yourself.

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Perfume, Lavender Oil, Rose Absolute, Chamomile Blue Oil, Tea Tree Oil, Citronellol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Rose Petals.

Vegan?: Yes.

2014 Price: £2.50.


No comments

Post a Comment


UP