Recently

21 September 2014

Yuzu & Cocoa Bubbleroon (Old and Reformulated)



Yuzu & Cocoa Bubbleroon is a product I've been meaning to try for near on two years now. Ever since I was bowled away by their Rose Bubbleroon, I've been itching to get my hands on both Yuzu and the uninspringly-named Green Bubbleroon. Recently, I was lucky enough to win a bottle of this scent in perfume form, and upon sniffing it for the first time, knew I just had to purchase the bubbleroon right away.

After trawling through many blogs and websites, I discovered it is named as such due to it's similarity to the much loved macaroon. The bubbleroon looks like the cosmetic version of the famous cookie, with two halves of the bubble bar stuck together with a creamy filling of coconut oil. Sounds good enough to eat, right?

With it's creamy apricot demeanour, Yuzu is described as a chocolate orange-scented bubble bar, created to leave your skin feeling soft and moisturised whilst comforting tired and weary bodies. With both coconut oil and shea butter added as ingredients, Yuzu and Cocoa is packed full of essential butters and oils that will leave you feeling and smelling scrumptious.

Old Design (pre April 2015)
Firstly, I wouldn't describe this bubbleroon as particularly chocolate-smelling. It does have a slight hint of something similar to chocolate, but it's definitely not at the forefront by any means. To me, this product has an amazing fresh and potent orange scent, which acts as the main layer of smell. The addition of coconut oil also gives this bubble bar a beautiful, musky coconut smell, which come out more when it's being used in the bath. Finally, the different fruit oils add a tropical element to the overall fragrance, reminding me a little of pineapple. Together, these three scents create a unique and incredibly sexy aroma that you just want to smother yourself in. 

Coconut and shea butter get to work feeding your skin as you soak, while the citrus oils pep up your mood: bergamot oil is a light and refreshing citrus oil, and is mixed here with grapefruit oil to add a slight tang. Tonka absolute adds a warm, caramelly note that brings out the sweetness in the cocoa absolute for added comfort factor.

What is great about all three of the bubbleroons, is that their design makes it very easy to break apart and use in two separate baths. I do recommend that you do this, as one half of this is more than enough to fill your tub with exquisite and heavily-scented bubbles. To use, I like to hold a piece of the product under the running water, which creates mounds and mounds of creamy bubbles. However, some Lushies prefer to crumble the theirs under the tap so it's completely up to you how you go about using this bubble bar.

When fully dissolved, Yuzu & Cocoa creates a wonderfully soft and highly moisturising bath. Both the bubbles and the water help to hydrate and caress your skin, leaving it lightly scented and beautifully soft. It is a combination of sodium bicarbonate and tartaric acid that make the water soft, and the range of oils and butters help to add those extra moisturising capabilities that get to work whilst your relaxing. Whilst it's not as oily as The Comforter Bubble Bar, your skin does feel noticeably softer once you exit the bath and it's more effective at doing this than a bath bomb would.

Although this product didn't really add much flamboyancy to the bath; only turning the water a murky, orange-tinted colour, the bubbleroon more than makes up for it in other ways. It's scent is strong without being too potent, and stays with you for hours after your bath. The smell also remains strong throughout the entirety of your bathing experience, adding to it's comfort factor.

I tried a Yuzu and Cocoa a few years ago, when I was fairly new to Lush, and I remember being rather dissappointed with it. The scent was almost non-existent and it barely did anything in the water. However, I must have kept the bubbleroon for an extended period of time before using it, which meant that the product wasn't particularly fresh when I finally removed it from it's packet. I say this as my more recent experience with Yuzu & Cocoa was spellbinding from start to finish. When I finally reduce my stash of bath products to a reasonable amount, I will buy a few of these to stock up on - perfect before a night out on the town.

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Cream of Tartar, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, Lauryl Betaine, Fair Trade Shea Butter, Perfume, Cocoa Absolute, Tonka Absolute, Grapefruit Oil, Bergamot Oil, PEG-6 Caprylic / Capric Glycerides, PEG-60 Almond Glycerides, *Coumarin, *Limonene, *Linalool, Titanium Dioxide, Colour 15510.






4 comments

  1. Thanks for the review Jen! Which bubble bar would you reccomend that makes you happy? And also do lush have a Halloween range at the time?xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd definitely vote for either Bathos or Brightside - both make my bathing moments just that little bit better :) As for a Halloween range, there will be a selection of products coming out towards the end of October and I'll try and get a article written at the end of this week :)

      Delete
  2. I don't know if I just got a "dud" Yuzu and Cocoa bubbleroon, but I got one two days ago and just used it tonight. It didn't make any bubbles AT ALL even after agitating the water with my hands and shower head for more than half an hour. Not only that, but I couldn't smell it in the bath and it didn't moisturize my skin whatsoever!!!! I love Lush products, but this was a waste of my time and money. Do you think if I brought the receipt in stores, they'd let me exchange it for something else or give me a refund?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They will only refund if u have proof it did not work.

      Delete


UP