Recently

24 May 2014

Dragon's Egg Bath Bomb



...And God said 'let there be light' and there was light... In all honesty, I felt the same mixture of elation, wonderment and amazement the first time I used a Dragon's Egg Ballistic, as I can imagine somebody new to religion feeling, having read Genesis for the first time. Not that I'm comparing Christianity to a bath bomb; I'm merely trying to convey the sheer happiness I felt when trying out one of my, now, all time favourite bathing products.     

Lush describe the experience like this; 'As the white outer layer of Dragon’s Egg fizzes into a light, creamy foam, it releases a drift of dissolving dragon’s scales (rice paper confetti) and crackling popping candy. As its golden inner core is revealed, your bathwater is transformed into a shimmering amber. Its bergamot and citrus scents leave you feeling transformed and invigorated, so perfect for a morning bath.'

They say, never judge a book by it's cover, and this sentiment in definitely true when I'm talking about Dragon's Egg; It's plain white demeanour, with the odd colourful 'splodge' across it's shell, was not going to get my heart racing. However, this bath bomb immediately transformed my mind, and my bath tub, when it got to work in the tub.

This ballistic is one of the slower-working ones, so upon placing it in the water, it immediately begins to foam and froth; littering the surface with a creamy, white foam but without fizzing or immediately spewing out colour. As Dragon's Egg begins to dissolve, streaks of vibrant, golden-yellow begin to flow out of the bath bomb, creating a whirlpool of luxurious glittery patterns and swirls; very much like the yolk and 'white' of a real egg. 

This ballistic is a very tangy, zesty product, with heaps of ingredients to maintain the smell throughout the entire experience. The scent is very similar to that of Avobath, although I found this one to be a little more playful and slightly sweeter. It reminded me of the lemon sherbet I used to eat as a child - a memory that only served to strengthen my love of this ballistic. Furthermore, Dragon's Egg contains a mixture of citrus oils and bergamot oil, to not only give it an uplifting, refreshing fragrance, but help it to soften your skin while you're relaxing.

This product really is very invigorating, which is probably why Lush suggest you should use this first thing in the morning to wake you up. It's a great ballistic to use during the winter months; to perk up those over-worked senses, or simply to reenergise yourself after a stressful day. You really feel and smell like royalty after you've bathed in Dragon's Egg's wonderful waters. 
I absolutely adore this ballistic, and will always choose this over any other bath bomb in Lush's regular range. I cannot recommend this product enough, and only hope that all of my 'gushing' will convince you, that this is a product that needs to be experienced!

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Perfume, Popping Candy, Lemon Oil, Bergamot Oil, Jasmine Absolute, Cream of Tartar, Water, Gardenia Extract, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Propylene Glycol, Lauryl Betaine, *Citral, *Limonene, *Linalool, Gold Lustre, Radiant Gold Lustre, Colour 15510, Colour 17200, Colour 14700, Colour 45410, Rice Paper.

Vegan?: Yes.

2015 Price: £3.35 each.

Scent Family:
Dragon's Egg Ballistic 
FUN With A Twist





3 comments

  1. This is probably my favourite lush product of all time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to try this one soon, looks amazing!

    www.whatjodieloves.com

    ReplyDelete


UP