Recently

8 April 2014

Mangnificent Soap


I've been getting through a lot of different Lush soaps recently, so much so that it would take one of giant proportions to leave a particularly strong impression on me. As it happens, this product did exactly that. 

When it arrived, Mangnificent Soap didn't look that different from the likes of Orange Jelly or Red Rooster Soap, so I wasn't immediately taken by it. However, I only had to peel back the thin layer of wrapping to discover a soap far fresher and more exciting than any that I've received from Lush in a very long time.

Created using a combination of fresh mango, dried mango, lemon and mandarin oil, this is a tropical soap that not only possesses a wonderfully fruity fragrance, but one that offers your skin a deep cleanse. Firstly, the combination of fresh fruit gives this product a wonderfully natural but subtle mango smell. It's scent reminds me a little of the Carrot Soap that Lush released not too long ago, but without the tart, sourness that the seasonal soap possessed. The smell also reminds me a little of Fox's Boiled Sweets - that gentle sugary-sweet glycerine smell that's rather subtle but still packs a punch. I couldn't really detect the coconut oil much here, but it did a great job at making the consistency of this soap very hydrating.

As well as it's beautiful scent, the look and feel of this soap is slightly different from what you'd usually expect. Firstly, the two slices that I received were far more moist than any other of Lush's regular soaps, which gave me confidence that this would be an effective moisturiser for my skin. Furthermore, each slice is decorated with fresh chunks of mango, which help to make this product look and feel good enough to eat.

In the shower, this soap lathers up quickly and effectively, producing an oily but equally light foam that glides over your skin with ease. As I didn't have to massage the soap all that much, I realised that a single block would no doubt last longer than your average 100g chunk. However, be warned that you may have to grip your soap a little more than you usually would, as I found mine was very keen to throw itself into the bath water, and this might affect it's longevity if over-exposed to liquid. 

Mangnificent Soap helped to cleanse my skin almost instantly, without drying it out or irritating it in any way. I also found that, aside from making me feel clean and clear, the inclusion of lemon, mandarin and neroli oils helped this soap to moisturise and soften the skin, just as I would expect a shower gel or jelly to do. 
Overall, it was wonderful to experience the smells and deep cleanse that the soap offered me in the shower, and it's definitely one that I would purchase again to enjoy when the weather gets really hot. For those, who are perhaps unsure as to the benefits of using a soap instead of a shower gel, Mangnificent Soap is a good place to start: It'll showcase perfectly how a soap doesn't have to be a colourless, scentless product that dries your skin out and irritates your pores.

Quantitative Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Rapeseed Oil and Coconut Oil, Glycerine, Fresh Mango, Dried Mango, Perfume, Sicilian Lemon Oil, Sicilian Mandarin Oil, Neroli Oil, Sodium Chloride, EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Sodium Hydroxide, Linalool, Limonene, Lilial, Colour 14700.

Vegan?: Yes.

2015 Price: £4.00 for 100g.

Year Of Original Release: 2014. 

1 comment

  1. Thank you for your review! I hope it will come to the shops soon! However, it will no doubt be less fresh in-store compared to ordered from the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete


UP