Recently

23 April 2014

Donkey Oaty Ballistic


Donkey Oaty was a limited edition ballistic released in 2011 as part of Lush's Easter range. Initially a strange choice for an Easter product, as the donkey imagery is normally associated with Christmas, this chivalrous and wise animal is a perfect addition to any springtime bath. 

Designed to smell like the Charity Pot Lotion, this wonderful ballistic smells of a mixture of chocolate and almond butter laced with a hint of rose. Containing ylang ylang oil, geranium oil, tagetes oil and gardenia extract, this creamy, floral bath bomb is supposed to leave you smelling beautiful whilst conditioning and moisturising your skin to health. 

This cute-looking ballistic is bright pink, yellow and orange, and packed with rice paper ribbons, which are supposed to dissolve in the tub and help smoothen the water. It's designed to make your skin feel soft and produce a spectacular array of summery colours to banish the dreariness of winter.

Whilst clearing out my cupboard, I found two of these ballistics and decided to use them as they were starting to look a little old. As with all bath ballistics, when I dropped Donkey Oaty into the water, he immediately began to dissolve and fill the bath tub with streams of yellow and orange. As my ballistic was old, it didn't fizz on the surface; instead dropping to the bottom of my tub and dispersing quickly. However, I was lucky enough to find other videos online, showing how a fresh one reacts in the tub, so I also used this in my overall judgement of the product. 

Despite it's age, the ballistic still left the water a beautiful peachy-orange colour, and gave off a lovely sweet, chocolate-y scent. There was also a floral element to it's smell, something which isn't as prominent in the Charity Pot body lotion, which I appreciated. Furthermore, the ballistic really did leave my skin feeling invigorated and silky-soft, meaning that the rice paper was doing it's job effectively. 

I was a little concerned at first when using this bath bomb, as other Lush fans had warned me that the ballistic would stain my bath; being one of Lush's more vibrant products. But I didn't find that this was the case at all. In fact, I believe that Lush have far more colourful ballistics that this one, all of which don't stain the tub, so it's not surprising that this one didn't leave any residue at all. 

I really enjoyed using Donkey Oaty, and only hope that Lush decide to bring him back so I can experience a fresh once. He smelled lovely, turned the bath a beautiful colour and left my skin feeling wonderful and hydrated; he really did banish those British weather blues. For a ballistic that's three years old, it makes me wonder how amazing it was when it was first released. I'd buy another one if they were still available!

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Ylang Ylang Oil (Cananga odorata), Geranium Oil (Pelargonium graveolens), Tagetes Oil (Tagetes minuta), Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides), Citronellol, *Linalool, Perfume, Colour 15510, Colour 14700, Rice Paper.

Vegan?: Yes.

Scent Family:



1 comment

  1. this looks god and i love colourful bath products, but three years, SERIOUSLY!!! wouldnt it be mouldy and grotesque

    ReplyDelete


UP