Recently

6 January 2014

Chou Chou I Love You Toothy Tabs


I'm starting to get into the swing of using toothy tabs now. At first, I was very skeptical that a tab of bicarbonate of soda and 'flavourings' could do anything for my oral health, or taste buds for that matter! However, after the initial disaster with Sparkle, I have quite enjoyed trying this unique and interesting alternative to toothpaste.  

Chou Chou I Love You Toothy Tabs are scented and flavoured with rose, so they taste like Turkish Delight and make your breath sweet and fragrant. A 12g box, which holds 40 tabs, will set you back £2.95. As I've said in previous reviews, they are an expensive alternative. However, they are much more environmentally friendly than most of that horrible tubed stuff you get in local supermarkets.  

However, one disadvantage to these tabs being environmentally conscious is that they're stored in a thin cardboard box. This makes it rather difficult to store the tabs in the bathroom, the one place in your house that guarantees to stay damp for the most part. I know common sense tells me I could keep these tabs in a drier area of my flat. However, I like to brush my teeth whilst in the shower, so this a little annoying.

To use a toothy tab, you should choose one, pop it in your mouth and crunch it between your teeth. This causes the tab to foam up, where you can then wet your toothbrush and begin brushing as normal. You'll find that brushing your teeth will create more foam, making the experience not that different to how it'll be if using normal toothpaste. 

These particular toothy tabs have a delicious delicate rose flavour, which is intertwined with the tartness of the lemon oil and lemon peel powder. This addition of zest means that the tabs are more on the sweeter side than the floral side, which is probably why I like then far more than I thought I would.

The addition of Dicalcium phosphate anhydrous, which is a gentle abrasive, helped to remove plaque from my teeth and left them really shiny and smooth after each use; the sodium bicarbonate and cream of tartar helped to scrub and clean my teeth, making them noticeably whiter after the first few usages. Finally, the sodium lauroyl sarcosine helped to create the foam which made it easier for the tab to circulate my mouth and remove any unwanted food between my teeth.

Overall, I was really happy with the noticeable difference these tabs made to my teeth, and I actually really enjoyed the taste. Alongside Breath of God, these are definitely my favourite toothy tabs so far and I'm keen to continue using them as opposed to reverting back to tooth paste.

Quantitative Ingredients: Dicalcium Phosphate Anhydrous, Sodium Bicarbonate, Cream of Tartar, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Sorbitol, Kaolin, Flavour, Rose Oil, Lemon Oil, Rose Petal Powder, Benzoin Gum Powder, Lemon Peel Powder, Sodium Saccharin, Geraniol, *Eugenol, *Citral, *Citronellol, *Limonene, *Linalool.

Vegan?: Yes



3 comments

  1. Out of all of the reviews I have seen on other blogs and sites, the Chou Chou gets a bad name. But I love the scent of rose, and other floral or nature smells/tastes. It's gentle and has a soft aftertaste.
    So I love this!
    Especially after itially using the Breath Of God, this was a great alternative to that musky nastiness ;p pa-tooey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read these have the same scent as Rose Jam, would you say that's true?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely :) I need to update my review really :)

      Delete


UP