Recently

25 February 2013

Cynthia Sylvia Stout


They always say that it's the aspects of our life where we hold the least expectation, that usually have the most profound effect on us. Okay, so perhaps that's a little 'deep' and 'profound' for a shampoo review, but the sentiment is still very much true. 

I bought Cynthia Sylvia Stout merely on the basis that I needed a new shampoo and it happened to be the first one to reveal itself on the Lush website. It was probably not the best choice as I absolutely hate the smell and taste of beer, however, it did seem to come highly recommended by a lot of my friends.

When it arrived, I had absolutely no expectations about the smell or usage of the shampoo, and was even slightly put off by the murky, brown liquid that inhabited the bottle.  However, I was pleasantly surprised to find that I really liked the smell. In fact, it reminds me a little of one of my favourite Lush smells, Karma. 

Lush have added a mixture of yeast, which is a protein conditioner, balsamic vinegar and lemon juice to close the hair cuticle, give shine and help the hair to lie flat, as well as filling half of each bottle with a vegan-friendly stout. It’s hard to ignore the smell of half a bottle of beer – so instead Lush have also added essential oils that compliment the smell; with lemongrass to add a dash of lemonade scent and cognac oil to give a smoothness and sophistication. 

CSS claims to tame fluffy and frizzy hair, leaving your maine silky smooth and replenished. And I cannot argue with that. Cynthia Sylvia Stout also gives hair some moisture without weighing it down; it adds shine and glossiness to hair that tends to be dull without the help of some sort of magic hair product.

Although this is not publicised on other sites, I also found that this shampoo helped to bring out the natural redness in my hair, which I was really impressed with. 

Overall, I absolutely love this product. It does exactly what it says on the tin, and more; it smells great, and it works wonders alongside my other favourite hair product, Veganese. This is a must have product for all fans of Lush.  

Quantitative Ingredients: Stout, Water, Ammonium Laureth Sulphate, Fine Sea Salt, Lauryl Betaine, Propylene Glycol, Benzyl Alcohol, Fresh Organic Lemon Juice, Cognac Oil, Lemongrass Oil, Yeast, Balsamic Vinegar, *Citral, *Geraniol, Perfume, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

Vegan?: Yes

Price: £4.50 for 100g, £8.95 for 250g, £14.75 for 500g.


1 comment

  1. Bought it this week, I haven't tried it yet but I'm really happy that it got a good rating. I hope it won't disappoint me :)

    ReplyDelete


UP